Paediatric First Aid Course - (2 Day) Level 2 Award
Paediatric First Aid Courses - (2 Days) - Level 2 Award
This course is designed for workers caring for children. The training leads to a certificate which is required for registration on the Early Years Register and meets the requirements of Ofsted.
The certificate must be renewed every three years in order to remain registered on the Early Years Register.
The course is consistent with the practice guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Over 12 hours it covers the following areas:
Administration and planning:
• Planning for first aid emergencies
• Dealing with emergencies
• Recording accidents and incidents
• Appropriate contents for a first aid kit
• Resuscitation procedures appropriate to the age of children being cared for
• Recognising and responding appropriately to:
- anaphylactic shock
- electric shock
- burns and scalds
- suspected fractures
- head, neck and back injuries
- foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
- eye injuries
- bites and stings
- the effects of extreme heat and cold
- febrile convulsions
• Recognising and responding appropriately to the emergency needs of children with chronic medical conditions, including epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell anaemia and diabetes.
• Recognising and responding appropriately to meningitis and other serious sudden illnesses
12 hour Paediatric First Aid course - meets the criteria set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and meets the requirements of Ofsted.
In-house course price: £720.00 (Inc Vat.) (for up to 10 candidates)
Open course price: £80.00 per person (Inc Vat.) - For dates please contact us direct on: email@example.com
For course dates email: firstname.lastname@example.org