Level 3 Award in Education and Training
In September 2013, The Award in Education and Training replaced the previous Award of Preparing to teach in the Lifelong learning sector (PTLLS)
The Award in Education and Training is an introductory teaching qualification achievable at level 3 on the Qualification and Credit framework (QCF). Level 3 roughly equates to Advanced (A) level study. The Award carries a credit value of 12 on the QCF.
The Award in Education and Training has been designed for teachers and trainers working in, or aiming to work in the Further Education and Skills Sector (previously known as the Lifelong learning sector). The Award is ideal for those who are not yet in a teaching role or have just started teaching or just want to know more about what is involved.
The Further Education and Skills sector includes the work-based learning (WBL) Further Education (FE) and Independent Training providers (ITP) sectors. It also covers those aged 14 and upwards who are in:
- Adult education
- Armed, emergency and uniformed services
- Charitable organisations
- Community education
- Further and Higher education colleges, institutions and universities
- Immigration and detention centres
- Prisoner and offender learning
- Private sector learning
- Probation services
- Public sector learning
- Schools and acadamies
- Sixth form colleges
- Voluntary sector learning
- Work based learning
The Award in Education and Training has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- develop knowledge related to teaching and learning
- develop skills in teaching and learning
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in teaching and learning
Achievement of the Level 3 Award in Education and Training will provide sufficient evidence that you have obtained the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions in a variety of teaching or training contexts.
To achieve the qualification, learners must complete 3 units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (3 credits)
- Understanding and using inclusive approaches in education and training (6 credits)
- Understanding assessment in education and training (3 credits)
Learners who have achieved the Level 3 Award in Education and Training can progress to either the Level 4 Certificate or the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
£400.00 per person at our training centre (Inc Vat.)
Onsite training offered:
If you have several employees needing the same course, we can come to you. This makes a cost effective alternative and allows training to be specific to your work environment. Discount given for groups.