Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
The course is two days duration.
This 12 hour Paediatric First Aid course meets the criteria set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and meets the requirements of Ofsted. This course is designed for workers caring for children and leads to a certificate that is required for registration on the early years register and must be renewed every 3 years in order to remain registered.
Over 12 hours it covers the following areas:
Administration and planning:
• Planning for first aid emergencies
• Dealing with emergencies
• Recording accidents and incidents
• Appropriate contents for a first aid kit
• Resuscitation procedures appropriate to the age of children being cared for
• Recognising and responding appropriately to:
- anaphylactic shock
- electric shock
- burns and scalds
- suspected fractures
- head, neck and back injuries
- foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
- eye injuries
- bites and stings
- the effects of extreme heat and cold
- febrile convulsions
• Recognising and responding appropriately to the emergency needs of children with chronic medical conditions, including epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell anaemia and diabetes.
• Recognising and responding appropriately to meningitis and other serious sudden illnesses
£80.00 per person (Inc Vat.) - For dates please contact us direct on firstname.lastname@example.org
Onsite training offered:
If you have several employees needing the same course, we can come to you. This makes a cost effective alternative and allows training to be specific to your work environment. Discount given for groups.